8-Year-Old Bodega Shooting Victim Finally Out Of The Hospital
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) –– An 8-year-old boy hit by a stray bullet inside a Bronx bodega last week finally was able to go home from the hospital on Monday. However, his recovery is far from over.
Surrounded by balloons and bags filled with presents, young Armando Bigo, constricted by a neck brace and sling, still managed a little grin and said he was happy to be home from Jacobi Hospital.
Armando said he was feeling “good” and said he’s not in any pain despite the fact a bullet is still lodged in his back.
The second grader vividly remembers how it all went down last week inside a bodega in the Soundview section.
Surveillance cameras were rolling when Armando was struck in the shoulder by a stray bullet.
“Me and my mom was buying something to eat, the guy opened the door and he shot me,” Armando told CBS 2’s Hazel Sanchez.
Armando said he’s grateful police caught the gunman who allegedly shot him, but he said he has no room for forgiveness.
“I don’t like when people trying to do bad stuff at me,” he said.
The shooting suspect, 15-year-old Eduardo Rodriguez, has been charged with attempted murder and assault.
Now, it’s time to focus on the good stuff for Armando — like finally getting out of the hospital.
“I thought I was going to stay there forever,” Armando said.
Armando still has some healing to do, but he said he is grateful to be alive.
Share your thoughts in the comments section below…