Former NJ Teacher Charged With Molesting Students

MONTVILLE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Jason Fennes, 37, who taught in Montville schools from 1998 to 2010, is accused of molesting two children.

Prosecutors say one alleged victim was his first grade student at William Mason School, and at the time of the alleged 2005 sex assault the girl was no more than 7-years-old.

Investigators say an adult close to the girl heard the accusation years ago, but only recently reported it.

“If there is substance to this, how long has this been going on?” parent Andrea Bornstein told CBS 2’s Dave Carlin.

“I thought he was a very nice young man. We’ve lived here so long we’ve never had something like this happen in the neighborhood,” another resident said.

Neighbors describe Fennes as friendly and generous, saying he’s been renting a house in Bloomfield for the past two years.

He was arrested on Monday and released from Morris County Jail Thursday after posting a $100,000 bail.

The very next day, Fennes was arrested again at the Cranford home of his parents, facing a new set of sex assault charges.

Prosecutors say they’d uncovered evidence of a second alleged sex assault of a minor, details of which have not been made public.

In his second stay at the jail, bail is set at $300,000.

Please leave a comment below…

Comments

1. Michael says:

If this women waited years to come forward with this information then she should be arrested too for endangering the safety of a child. How can you continue to let him teach hearing he molested a child? Also I read other articles on the internet saying that this all started from false accusations started by the husband of a women Fennes was having an affair with.

1. Michael says:

And I also love this part of the article ….”Bornstein’s two sons had Fennes as their teacher. She says she never saw anything to suggest criminal activity, but noticed what she calls “favoritism.”

“I thought it was a little bit unusual, a little bit too close, a little too affectionate with the female students,” she said. “I could see it myself with my own eyes.”…. Didn’t Andrea Bornstein with a comment like that certainly does in fact “suggest criminal activity.” What ever happened to “innocent till proven guilty.” –Fiat Justitia

2. Dave says:

The only real background check done for teachers is who they voted for in the last Presidential election, and its Democrat. You are sacrificing your children for the Democrat party.

1. Casey says:

Sorry Dave, but if he voted in the last Presidential Election and is working in Montville it means he didn’t vote for Obama.

3. Sam Popack says:

Never be friendly to children that are not related to you.

1. LI Teacher says:

How about if you dont do anything nasty like this, you wont have any problems. If this were my colleague and I thought this was going on, he would be out sick for a very long time.

1. Kelly says:

the teachers and parents.did warn Dr. Stephanie Adams, the principal for years but she told people to mind their own business from what we heard. Then Adam left the school district without notice last year….covering her ass….knowing what we all know now. Tenure kept him in the school district. The union has to give up tenure to get rid of all the bad in the schools. The union supported this guy once the board tried to get rid of him.

Comments are closed.