Police Investigate Fatal Stabbing Of Groom On Staten Island

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A young groom was stabbed to death Saturday while out celebrating the engagement.

Witnesses say they overheard 27-year-old Anthony Lacertosa or someone from his party complaining to a manager at the Espana restaurant in Annadale moments before a fight.

“The girls were outside screaming ‘Somebody got stabbed.’ So I went outside. The kid was outside bleeding ferociously on the floor, laid out, not breathing. Then in the next five minutes he wasn’t breathing or nothing,” witness John Perrotta told CBS 2’s Dave Carlin.

Lacertosa was pronounced dead at the hospital as police ramped up a search for his killer.

Friends and relatives gathered outside Lacertosa’s home in Prince’s Bay where he was raised with his seven siblings.

Long time neighbor Nasser Selami said Lacertosa and his father were both in the construction industry and that he never knew Anthony to get in to arguments.

“He was a good kid. Never caused any trouble. Always kept to himself, never into any trouble in the neighborhood,” he said.

Police interviewed several restaurant workers and took footage from a security camera installed on the pharmacy next door.

They would not comment on witness accounts the killer may be a restaurant employee who grabbed a knife from the kitchen.

The internet web page for Lacertosa and fiancee Bridgette Schneider was unchanged Saturday, announcing a November 30 date date for a ceremony that will never happen.

“My heart goes out to that kid’s family. It’s a horrible thing that happened,” said Perrotta.

Grieving family members who had been planning for a wedding now have to arrange a funeral.

Please leave a comment below…

Comments

1. Irene says:

Would be all feel so bad for this guy if he was not a future groom at his engagement party?? If he was just out to dinner with friends and we saw what is now on the video of the fight, would we still all feel bad for this punk?? I think not, sorry.

1. MrsJohnston says:

I can’t believe how insensitive some of you people are. I hope no one goes to that restaurant anymore and I hope this peice of albanian trash gets the death penalty. This was a sensless murder, how did this wacko even get in counrty??? He is a wanted man for god sake. The owner deserves jail time for attempted murder. The lacertosa family should sue the restaurant and this albanian for all he got.

2. SELF DEFENSE says:

A GOOD KID??? NOT KNOWN TO GET INTO ARGUMENTS??? THE VIDEO HAS THE REAL STORY. HE WAS A PUNK WITH HIS BROTHERS TRASHING ALL THE RESTAURANTS PATIO FURNITURE, URINATING ON THE WALLS AND HE IS THE ONE THAT THREW THE WORKER TO THE GROUND WHEN HE PROTESTED THE DESTRUCTION. HE WAS A WANNBE THUG THAT MESSED WITH A REAL THUG AND NOW HIS LIFE IS OVER. YOU WOULDNT THINK THAT THAT KITCHEN WORKER WAS AN ALBANIAN GANSTER WANTED IN 4 MURDERS NOW WOULD YOU?? ALL HIS OWN FAULT, SORRY, NO PITY HERE.

3. Lora DiGiulio says:

MY HEART GOES OUT TO BRIDGETTE …I WILL KEEP U N UR MANS SOUL IN MY PRAYERS. TO THE PERSON?? WHO CAUSED THIS TRAGEDY U WILL…I REPEAT U WILL B CAUGHT SO DO THE RITE THING FOR A CHANGE N TURN URSELF IN.

1. SUZY says:

YES, TURN YOURSELF IN AND PLEAD SELF DEFENSE. THE PHARMACY VIDEO CAUGHT IT ALL, THE BEATING YOU TO THE GROUND, THE TRASHING OF THE RESTAURANT, ETC. YOU GOT A GREAT CASE. GOOD LUCK.

4. Mrs.Johnston says:

They were a beautiful couple. Bridgette was a coworker of mine and always made me laugh , always had a smile on her face. Anthony was a big teddy bear and loved Bridgette very much. They were in love and young ready to get married. This is tragic and not deserved. My heart goes out to their families, this could be anyone. I feel sick to my stomach that this happened.

5. Mshell says:

Oh my god..i cant believe people put nasty comments on here. You people have serious problems.

6. xnyc says:

smart man knows never bring a fist to a knife fight

7. COusin says:

BItch please he was a big teddy bear and i love him so much he did nothing wrong and my cousin bridgette is suffering very much right now. ever since i knew him he was the nicest guy you could ever meet. HE would do anything for you and I am so sorry bridgette i love you and feel better.

1. SELF DEFENSE says:

WANNABE GANGSTA MESSES WITH REAL GANSTA. INSTEAD OF BEATING UP THE WORKER AND LAUGHING ABOUT IT THE NEXT DAY HES LYING IN A MORGUE. LET IT BE A LESSON TO THE OTHERS THAT WERE THERE. NO ONE HAS ANY PITY FOR HIM.

2. Lorraine says:

Hook her up qith one of the Gotti brothers….

8. Mikeybklyn says:

Never complain about the pallela I tell ya!

9. rosa says: