NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – CBS 2’s fresh grocer Tony Tantillo offers up this recipe for a healthy pasta dish. Tantillo urges you to make sure your sprouts are green – not yellow at all. To preserve them, pop them into the refrigerator right away after you buy them.
Brussel Sprouts with Orecchiette Pasta
- 8 Medium Brussel Sprouts (cut in half)
- 6 Ounces Orecchiette Pasta
- 6 Ounces Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Ounces Panchetta (sliced thin)
- 2 Ounces Red Onion (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pecorino Romano cheese to taste
In a pot of salted boiling water add your pasta. Cook for 7-9 minutes. In a sauté pan, add olive oil, panchetta and red onions. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Discard oil from pan. Add ¼ cup of pasta water. Bring to boil and add brussel sprouts. Cook until water reduces up to 80%. Now add pasta and crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Top with Pecorino Romano cheese. Enjoy!