NEW YORK (WFAN) – The G-Men have locked up their top choice in the NFL draft.
Oh yeah, and the other six picks.
Coach Tom Coughlin said Friday that all seven selections from this year’s draft class have been — or were about to be — signed.
First-round pick David Wilson, the speedy running back out of Virginia Tech, inked a deal for four years, according to multiple reports.
Wilson’s contract included a fifth-year option, the New York Daily News reported, adding he will receive “a signing bonus of somewhere in the neighborhood of $3.3 million.”
With his deal out of the way, the 20-year-old can start preparing without distraction for his NFL debut.
“I run bigger than my stats say,” Wilson told WFAN’s Joe Benigno and Evan Roberts last month. “I’m going to try to be a hero, I like trying to be a hero. I think I’m a mixture of Arian Foster and Ray Rice with the way I break tackles and make something out of nothing.”
Four of the Giants’ picks were reported to already be signed. The contract status for the remaining three — including Wilson and second-round wide receiver Rueben Randle — were still uncertain Thursday night.
It all fell into place Friday morning. First, the news on Wilson. Then, Randle.
Defensive tackle Markus Kuhn was reported as the only unsigned pick. Coughlin said if the seventh-rounder’s deal wasn’t yet official, it would be in short order.
Giants fans, do you think Wilson is the real deal? Sound off below!