NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Today is national chocolate chip day, and what better way to celebrate than with a delicious chocolate chip treat, cooked up by Chef Kristin Sollene of Vucciria.
For more information about Chef Sollene and Vucciria, click here.
Chef Kristin Sollene’s Cranberry – Pistachio Chocolate Chip Bites
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chopped pistachios
- ¾ cup chopped dried cranberries
- Microwave chocolate chips for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir after 30 seconds.
- Determine your desired size and spoon chocolate onto a baking sheet lines with wax paper.
- Evenly sprinkle cranberries and pistachios on top. Refrigerate for 8 minutes or until hardened.
- Serve with Warm Chocolate Chip Panini, recipe below.
Warm Chocolate Chip Panini
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (trim crusts off)
- 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup thinly sliced almonds
- Trim crust from your bread slices and spread peanut butter evenly on each slice.
- Chop chocolate chips and spread evenly over peanut butter.
- Spread sliced almonds on top and put the slices together.
- Place in Panini grill for 2 minutes, or until golden and warmed.
Putting it all Together:
- Cut panini diagonally and place in the middle of the plate.
- Serve with Vanilla Bean ice cream. Add chocolate chip shavings on top.
- Garnish with cranberry-pistachio chocolate chip bites.