NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – It’s almost summer and that means strawberries will soon be in season. Celebrity caterer Andrea Correale will join us to make stuffed strawberries! She’s catered for some of the biggest names, including Russell Simmons and Mariah Carey.
For more information about Andrea Correale, click here.
Stuffed Strawberries with Amaretto Scented Cream Cheese
Recipe by Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs
- 1-2 pints of fresh strawberries
- 1 8 oz. package of softened cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla of almond extract
- 1/2 c. confectioners’ sugar
- Place the softened cream cheese, extract and sugar in a bowl and mix until fluffy.
- Put filling mixture into a pastry bag fit with the star tip and set aside.
- Cut the top/stem off of the strawberries and set them on the flat end, pointing up.
- Slice an X through the strawberry from the tip to the cut end, but not going all the way through (you want to make a sort of pocket for the filling).
- Put the tip of the pastry bag into the strawberry and pipe the filling in.