NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – In the mood for a decadent, devilish treat? How about some a twist on deviled eggs? Chef Ivy Stark of Dos Caminos stopped by with an innovative take on the classic dish.
For more information about Dos Caminos, click here.
Ivy Stark’s Avocado Deviled Eggs
Serves 6-8, cook time: 30 minutes
- 12 large Eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 1 large ripeCaliforniaHass Avocado
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Capers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Jalapeño Peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Chile de Arbol powder
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chiffonade
Cut the eggs lengthwise into halves. Slip out the yolks and mash yolks with a fork.
Cut lengthwise around the circumference of the avocado, cut widthwise around the avocado, pop the seed out and peel the avocado. Mash the avocado with a fork.
Mix the mashed yolks and avocado with the mayonnaise, cumin, capers, mustard, lime juice and zest, salt and the jalapeño.
With large pastry bag using a large star tip, fill the egg whites with the egg yolk mixture (about one tablespoon in each half). Sprinkle withChilede Arbol powder and garnish with the cilantro.