2 In The Kitchen: Chef Frank Maldonadao Cooks Up Seafood Casuela
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – In preparation for the upcoming Puerto Rican Day parade, Executive Chef Frank Maldonado of Sofrito in White Plains and Manhattan and Sazon in Tribeca, stopped by with a recipe for a traditional treat.
For more information about Chef Maldonado, click here.
- 1 SHALLOT
- 1/2 RED BELL PEPPER
- 1/2 GREEN BELL PEPPER DICE
- 1 TSP GROUND FRESH GARLIC
- 2 TBS OLIVE OIL
- 45 SHRIMP
- 5 LITTLENECK CLAMS
- 8 0Z LOBSTER TAIL
- 5 MUSSELS
- 2 OZ WHITE WINE
- 8 OZ LOBSTER BROTH
- 4 OZ TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 0Z HEAVY CREAM
- 2 oz WHITE WINE
- 1 TSP SAMBUCA
- SALT AND PEPPER
- In a large, saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the onions, red pepper, garlic, green pepper, until tender and translucent.
- Add seafood, wine and cover reduce heat and cook about 2 minutes until clams open. Remove from heat; discard any unopened shells.
- Add the cream, lobster broth; bring to a boil.
- Add tomato sauce, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and garnish with fresh cilantro and parsley and serve hot.