Police: Third Suspect Wanted In Connection With Shooting Of Brooklyn Toddler
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Police are still looking for a third suspect who is wanted in connection with a shootout at a Brooklyn playground that left a toddler injured.
Police have already arrested two suspects in the case, 22-year-old Antonio McCloud and 20-year-old Stanley Williams, on attempted murder, assault, criminal possession of a weapon and reckless endangerment charges.
McCloud is believed to be one of the suspected gunmen while Williams is suspected of being a getaway driver, police said.
Still wanted is 20-year-old Jashid Chambers, who police belive was on the other end of the gun battle with McCloud exchanging fire for some unknown reason, authorities said.
Caught in the crossfire was 3-year-old Isaiah Rivera, who was playing in the sprinklers Sunday afternoon outside the Roosevelt Houses on Pulaski Street in Bedford-Stuyvesant.
A stray bullet struck Isaiah in the leg, police said. He had been in stable condition at Kings County Hospital, but was released Monday night.
“The fact that someone almost took the most precious thing away from me, it hurts it hurts a lot,” said Isaiah’s father Jose Rivera.
Since July 4, there have been more than a dozen shootings across the city and nine lives lost. At a news conference Monday, Mayor Michael Bloomberg spoke about the spike in crime.
“I hope this week is just an aberration but we’re working as hard as we can to stop it,” Bloomberg said. “It’s an outrage. We’ve just got to get the guns off the streets.”
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the Crime Stoppers at 800-577-TIPS or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
Please share your thoughts below…