Tony’s Table: Le Cirque’s Spaghetti à la Martegale
July 13, 2012 7:57 PM
By Executive Chef Olivier Reginensi
- 10 oz. dry spaghetti
- 2 cups clam juice
- 3 large cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped fine, cooked in olive oil
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- 3 oz. Bottarga di Muggine, sliced thin
- 1 cup Italian parsley, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 oz. olive oil breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a medium pot bring salted water to a boil, to cook the pasta.
- While water is coming to a boil, take a sauce pan and put the clam juice, the garlic, a little olive oil and the butter, simmer over medium heat so all the flavors come together.
- Cook pasta in the boiling water for about 6-7 minutes; remove the pasta from the water and put directly in the other pan with the sauce.
- Continue to cook the pasta until it is al dente and the sauce starts to become thick and stick to the pasta. At this point add a little more olive oil, the parsley and the bottarga, check the seasoning for salt and pepper.
- Place the pasta directly from the pan into a bowl, with all of its sauce.
- To finish sprinkle the top with the olive oil breadcrumbs and more sliced bottarga.
- Serve immediately.