Tony’s Table: Neapolitan Pasta With Chickpeas
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – CBS 2’s Fresh Grocer Tony Tantillo suggests cooking up this treat which he says tastes even better the second day.
Neapolitan Pasta & Chickpeas
- 6 Ounces Pasta (small cut)
- 4 Ounces Chickpeas (drained)
- 2 Ounces Green Peas
- 6 Ounces Cherry or Grape Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 2 Ounces White Onion (diced)
- 1 Ounce Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 Ounces Parsley (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
Cook pasta in salted boiling water for 8-10 minutes. In sauté pan, add olive oil, garlic and onions. Heat for 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, chick peas and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 2-3 additional minutes. Add pasta & green peas. Let simmer and serve. Top with cheese or Italian parsley.