2 In The Kitchen: Chef Frank Maldonado’s Ceviche In Avocado Halfs
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - It’s hot hot hot and who wants to turn on their stove or oven? As part of “Can’t Stand The Heat” week, Chef Frank Maldonado stopped by the CBS 2 studios to prepare a delicious ceviche.
For more information about Chef Maldonado, click here.
Chef Frank Maldonado’s Ceviche In Avocado Halfs
- 1 pound fresh cod fish
- 1 cups fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 celery stalk, mince
- 1 red fine julianne, soaked for 5 minutes in cold water, then drained and rinsed
- 1 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, minced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 sweet peppers, mince
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 cilantro leafs fine julianne
- Kosher Salt
- Avocado and plantain chips
- Remove any pin bones from the fish with tweezers or needle-nose pliers. Cut the fish into 1/2-inch pieces and place in a large glass or stainless steel bowl. Add the juices and toss together well.
- Add the onion, garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper, sweet pepper, celery and stir together. Refrigerate for one hour. Shortly before serving, stir in the cilantro and the cilantro.
- Line wide bowls or plates with lettuce leaves . Using a slotted spoon, spoon the ceviche over the half avocado. Garnish with cilantro and plantain chips, and serve