2 In The Kitchen: Watermelon And Heirloom Tomato Salad
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – All week we’ve been showcasing recipes that keep your kitchen cool, no stove or oven required. “Can’t Stand The Heat” week concludes with a cool salad recipe.
For more information about Vai Restaurant, click here.
Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
Executive Chef Vincent Chirico
- 3 heirloom tomatoes (one of each color) quartered
- 1 cup Vermont Goat Cheese
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2-3 slices of watermelon, cut in 1×1 cubes
- 25 year aged balsamic vinaigrette
- Micro basil and micro arugula
- salt & pepper to taste
- Mix the Vermont goat cheese, mascarpone, olive oil, heavy cream and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spread the cheese mixture on a plate, top with watermelon cubes followed by tomatoes.
- Top with micro basil and arugula, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper