NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – All week we’ve been showcasing recipes that keep your kitchen cool, no stove or oven required. “Can’t Stand The Heat” week concludes with a cool salad recipe.
For more information about Vai Restaurant, click here.
Watermelon and Heirloom Tomato Salad Recipe
Executive Chef Vincent Chirico
– 3 heirloom tomatoes (one of each color) quartered
– 1 cup Vermont Goat Cheese
– ¼ cup mascarpone
– ¼ cup heavy cream
– 2-3 slices of watermelon, cut in 1×1 cubes
– 25 year aged balsamic vinaigrette
– Micro basil and micro arugula
– salt & pepper to taste
– Mix the Vermont goat cheese, mascarpone, olive oil, heavy cream and salt and pepper in a bowl.
– Spread the cheese mixture on a plate, top with watermelon cubes followed by tomatoes.
– Top with micro basil and arugula, drizzle with balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper