Tony’s Table: Basque Chorizo Braised With Onions And Cider
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Capture the romance of Spain with this culinary treat from La Fonda del Sol.
For more information about La Fonda del Sol, click here.
For a printable version of this recipe, click here (.pdf).
- 2 lbs. Chistorra chorizo (Chistorra – Basque chorizo braised in cider)
- 2 lg. Spanish onions (peeled and sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups hard cider
- 1 cup country bread croutons
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 T. chopped parsley to garnish
Heat oil in a large skillet, add Chistorra and brown on all sides. Add sliced onions and garlic, and cook until the onions are caramelized. Add hard cider and reduce the flame to half. Let the Chistorra simmer for about 45 minutes. If the cider evaporates just add more. Top with country bread croutons, sprinkle chopped parsley to garnish, and serve. Enjoy!