NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – This week, we’re showcasing cuisines from all over the globe. Monday, Executive Chef Alex Garcia of AG Kitchen stopped by to cook up what he calls “New York City’s Best Cubano.”
New York City’s Best Cubano
Executive Chef Alex Garcia
- 4 eight inch pieces of Cuban bread or French baguette
- 8 ounces roasted pork, from shoulder or leg, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces thinly sliced ham
- 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons mustard
- 6 ounces butter
– Slice all the bread lengthwise.
– Divide meat and cheese equally.
– Assemble sandwich by placing roasted pork, ham and cheese on top of one half of the bread.
– Place pickle slices on top.
– Spread one tablespoon mustard, per sandwich, on the inside of the other half of the bread.
– Place the top of the bread over the sandwich, to close.
– Spread butter on the outside of the top and bottom of the sandwich.
– Cook in a very hot cast-iron griddle, or electric flat top, until heated through and golden brown on the outside.