NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Fall is practically here, and what better way to celebrate the season than with a delicious meal!
Here to show us a perfect starter for a fall dinner is chef Marco Porceddu from the restaurant Asellina.
He’s originally from Sardinia, Italy and that has very much influenced what he cooks.
Today, he stopped by to make seared scallops with seafood beluga lentil and butternut squash.
· Seared scallops with seafood beluga lentil and butternut squash
· Serve 4
· 8 jumbo scallops
· 8 tbs cooked Beluga lentils al dente
· 4 tsp diced butternut squash
· 4 tbs butternut squash sauce
· 8 cleaned and split shrimp 26-30
· 8 cleaned and julienne small calamari
· Salt and pepper
· Fresh thyme
In a hot pan seared the scallop, about 1 minute in each side with olive oil, salt and pepper. cook the lentil, the shrimp, the calamari and the diced butternut squash in another pan for about 3 minutes with salt and pepper. Place the hot lentils and the butternut squash on a plate, place the scallops on top of the lentils and then decorate with the butternut squash sauce and some fresh thyme.