2 In The Kitchen: Chef Kristin Sollenne’s Pumpkin Gnocchi
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Bocca Di Bacco’s Executive Chef Kristin Sollene returned to the CBS 2 studios to make a perfect dish for fall.
For more information on Bocca Di Bacco, click here.
- 11 oz Goat Cheese
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 24 oz Ricotta Whole Milk
- 2 Cups all purpose flour
- ½ grated nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 ½ LB Pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 7-10 Fresh Sage Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan
1. In a food processor, mix together goat cheese and ricotta. Mix until smooth. About 3 minutes.
2. Either in a stand mixer or hand mixer gradually add all-purpose flour into ricotta cheese and mix together. Add goat cheese and egg yolk mixture into the ricotta cheese and flour and mix together until completely blended.
3. Add nutmeg, honey and pumpkin into mixture and continue mixing together until evenly mixed in.
4. Lightly flour a baking sheet and pour mixture on to the pan. Refrigerate for one hour to harden.
5. Once hardened, scoop out pieces to form a small ball. You can use a fork to flatten and add lines on top if desired.
6. Boil gnocchi for 3 minutes, and then transfer to a plate with grated parmesan cheese on bottom. Place Gnocchi on top and then sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
7. In a sauté pan, heat butter and add sage leaves. Once melted pour over gnocchi, serve and enjoy!
Makes 8-10 Servings