Dahlia Facey Says Dad Didn't Show Weakness & Was Strong Before Shooting

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — For the first time since his tragic death, Raymond Facey’s daughter, Dahlia, is speaking out.

Dahlia Facey was on the phone with her 58-year-old father when he was carjacked and fatally shot earlier this week.

Dahlia Facey, 21, and her twin sister, Abbigail, light-up when they talk about their father.

“He was an incredible dad. He always supported our dreams from when we were smaller. He always encouraged us to do whatever we wanted to do,” Dahlia Facey told CBS 2’s Cindy Hsu exclusively on Thursday.

“He wanted us always to never forget the importance of just family, music, supporting one another,” Abbigail Facey said.

Right now, a lot of that support is going to Dahlia.

Her father Raymond had pulled over on the Cross Island Parkway to take her phone call. They talked about their upcoming holiday trip to Jamaica.

That’s when Darrell Fuller allegedly yanked him from his car and shot him.

Dahlia said she is keeping the details of that final phone call and what she heard to herself. She would only say her dad showed no weakness and was incredibly strong.

“I don’t want to remember that as the last thing. I don’t want to keep that above anything else. There is so much more about him that was better, so much more happier times,” Dahlia Facey said.

She also went on to say “He was always a strong man…I didn’t feel no weakness in his voice, I just know that he was strong, what can I say about that?”

Those happier times included how much her father loved music and dancing and her baby, who was born just last month. Dahlia said she will be changing her son’s name to Carter Raymond in honor of his grandfather.

“He was a blessing and so it was a blessing, you just never know in life and I’m just happy the time we had with him,” Dahlia Facey said.

The Facey family is planning the trip to Jamaica, which Dahlia had called her father about. But tragically, instead of a Christmas celebration, it will be for his funeral.

The family said it will be a homecoming that celebrates his life.

Meanwhile, the 33-year-old Fuller was charged with two counts of murder, robbery, criminal possession of a weapon and other charges in the deaths of Lopez and Facey.

The family was in court Thursday for Fuller’s arraignment and while they said it was painful, they plan to be there every step of the way.

Please offer your thoughts in the comments section below …

Watch & Listen LIVE