BRICK, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — With a Nor’easter expected to strike the area later this week, one New Jersey township has decided not to taking any chances.
On Monday, Brick Township instituted a mandatory evacuation order for low-lying waterfront areas of the town of Brick by 6 p.m. Tuesday.
The affected areas include:
• The Midstreams neighborhood east of Jordan Road;
• The area of Island Drive in Cedarcroft;
• North & South Drives in Metedeconk;
• Princeton Avenue east of Beaver Dam Road;
• Cedarbridge Manor East of Lions Lane;
• Vanada Woods;
• Eagle Pass;
• Sandy Point;
• Tilton Road;
• Cranberry Cove;
• Swan Point Park including Beaton and Gale roads;
• Baywood East of Pilot Drive and Mandolay Drive;
• Cherry Quay South of Tiller Lane;
• Sailors Quay off of Pleasant Drive, North Pier and South Sailors Quay;
• Waterfront Property in Mallard Point;
• Seaview Drive and Seaview Avenue in Seaview Village;
• Shore Acres;
• Seawood Harbor;
• Waterfront Property in Bay Harbor.
Anyone whose home does not fall into the mandatory evacuation area, but sustained damage in Superstorm Sandy, was also encouraged to evacuate.
The Nor’easter was expected to bring about 1 inch of rain, wind gusts of 30 to 60 mph, and storm surges to the area Wednesday.
Please share your comments below…