New Suspect Charged As ‘Gentleman Groper’ On Subway
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Another man has been arrested and charged as the “Gentleman Groper” seven months after charges were dropped against another man.
Paul Kraft, 31, was arrested Tuesday and charged with five counts of sexual abuse, as well as one count of unlawful surveillance, CBS 2 reported.
A police source told the New York Post that Kraft is a “dead ringer” for the man caught on surveillance video in connection with a serious of groping incidents in March of this year.
Previously, Bible study leader Karl Vanderwoude was charged in the case after being picked out of a lineup by two of the victims. But Vanderwoude insisted that he was innocent, and his attorneys said he had an alibi that proved he did not commit the crimes.
“The evidence is… it’ll speak for itself. It’s impossible to be at two places at one time,” Vanderwoude told CBS 2 in April.
In the most recent attack on March 30, the groper followed a woman into a downtown subway station, touched her, and took pictures under her clothes with a cell phone video camera, the Post reported.
Kraft, whom the Post described as “clean cut” and “well-groomed,” was free on $5,000 bail Monday, the Post reported.
Please leave your comments below…