Homeless Man Indicted In Subway Push Death Of Ki-Suck Han
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — A Manhattan grand jury has indicted the homeless man accused of pushing another man to his death in front of an oncoming subway train.
The suspect, 30-year-old Naeem Davis, has been charged with the murder of 58-year-old Ki-Suck Han, of Queens. The indictment was announced at a court hearing on Tuesday.
Police said Davis watched the Q train strike Han before leaving the 49th Street station.
Davis has admitted to shoving Han, but said the victim had earlier grabbed his arm and threatened him.
He told the New York Post in a jailhouse interview that he was coaxed into shoving Han by voices in his head that he didn’t control.
Davis also previously told the paper he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in his 20s, but was not taking medication to treat it. He also claimed to be high on marijuana during the time of the incident.
Davis is being held without bail and must return to court on Jan. 15.
Share your thoughts in the comments section below…
(TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2012 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)