NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — Lindsay Lohan’s attorney predicts there will be no case against the actress in connection with an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
Attorney Mark Jay Heller spoke after signing paperwork at the courthouse Monday.
Lohan was arrested on a misdemeanor assault charge in the Nov. 29 incident at Club Avenue. She’s accused of punching 28-year-old Tiffany Mitchell at the Chelsea club after getting into a spat with her.
Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver said that a criminal complaint has not been drawn up at this time. Lohan’s lawyer signed some paperwork, but a hearing was not held.
The District Attorney’s Office says they are still investigating the incident.
At the time of her arrest Heller said Lohan was “a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame.”
“I am completely confident that the case will be resolved favorably and Lindsay Lohan will be totally exonerated,” he said.
This case comes about a week before Lohan is scheduled to appear at a probation violation hearing in California. That’s in connection with a car crash last summer.
In that case, Lohan is accused of lying to a Santa Monica police officer about who was behind the wheel.
The November incident was one of several run-ins with the law Lohan had last year.
Meanwhile, according to the Daily News, Lohan’s mother Dina is claiming that “Lindsay saw her dad abuse me — that’s why she’s so screwed up.”
Dina said that LiLo apparently grew up in a household in which her father, Michael Lohan, beat his wife Dina and sexually abused her.
“Michael beat the hell out of me. She saw a lot of crazy stuff. I want the world to know the root of her problems,” said Dina.
In October, police were called to the Lohan family home in Nassau County on a report of an argument between the starlet and her mother, Dina.
After a brief investigation, police determined the argument was only verbal and said no criminality was suspected. They left without filing any charges.
In September, Lohan was arrested near the Dream Hotel in Chelsea for allegedly clipping a pedestrian with her car. Restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez claimed she had hit him with the car and then drove away, but it was never proven.
Prosecutors later dropped the charge.
Later that month, she was involved in an investigation after alleging a man assaulted her in a hotel. Charges against the man were later dropped.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)