Shonn Greene Reaches Deal With Titans; Keller Next Jet To Bolt?
Jets CentralShop for Jets Gear
Buy Jets Tickets
NEW YORK SPORTS HEADLINES
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Shonn Greene has agreed to a multi-year deal with the Titans, the team announced on Wednesday.
The free-agent running back, who wasn’t expected to re-sign with the Jets, will join Chris Johnson in Tennessee’s backfield.
His contract is worth $10 million over three years, according to multiple reports.
“He is a nice complement to Chris and an accomplished back in his own right,” Titans general manager Ruston Webster said in a statement.
Greene was drafted by New York in the third round of the 2009 draft. He rushed for over 1,000 yards in two straight seasons (2011-12), though he took his lumps at times in 2012 as an under-performing cog in the Jets’ anemic offense.
The Jets are targeting Mike Goodson to replace Greene, according to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Goodson rushed for 221 yards on 35 carries for the Oakland Raiders last season.
Greene was just one of many defections expected from the green and white. More notes:
– Defensive tackle Mike DeVito signed a reported three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday.
– Tight end Dustin Keller is visiting with the Miami Dolphins, according to multiple reports. He’s the Jets’ last player remaining from the 2008 draft class. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald tweeted Wednesday afternoon that Keller is “now getting a physical and if all checks out afterwords the club and his agent will talk terms.”
– Safety LaRon Landry, who Gang Green reportedly wanted to keep, signed a four-year deal with the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday.
– Safety Yeremiah Bell agreed to terms with the Arizona Cardinals.
– How about some good news, Jets fans? Wide receiver Wes Welker has left the New England Patriots, agreeing to a two-year deal with the Peyton Manning-led Denver Broncos.
– The Jets have re-signed fullback Lex Hilliard.
Then, of course, there’s the ongoing trade speculation surrounding Darrelle Revis; Tim Tebow’s presence on the roster; and New York’s extra wiggle room under the cap.
That’s a lot of holes, Jets fans. What do you want to see your team do to plug ‘em? Sound off in the comments…