WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) – President Barack Obama was briefed for an hour Friday morning on the developments in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
RELATED: 1 Suspect Shot, 1 On The Loose
Vice President Joe Biden also attended the briefing in the White House Situation Room. The briefing was led by Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director Robert Mueller.
Secretary of State John Kerry, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and CIA director John Brennan participated in the briefing via video conference.
The bombing suspects were identified by law enforcement officials as brothers from a Russian region near Chechnya. One suspect is dead and a second remains at large.
Thousands of officers have swarmed the streets in a manhunt that all but paralyzed the Boston area.
- 50 Years Later, The Boston Marathon’s First Woman Races Once Again
- Kenya’s Geoffrey Kirui Wins 121st Annual Boston Marathon
- Hayle, Baysa Complete Ethiopia’s First Sweep Of Boston Marathon
- Lelisa Desisa Wins 119th Boston Marathon; Rotich Takes Women’s Race
- LIVE BLOG: 119th Boston Marathon
- Security To Remain Tight For New York City Marathon