President Obama Briefed On Shooting Of Bombing Suspect, Search For Second
TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES
WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) - President Barack Obama was briefed for an hour Friday morning on the developments in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
RELATED: 1 Suspect Shot, 1 On The Loose
Vice President Joe Biden also attended the briefing in the White House Situation Room. The briefing was led by Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director Robert Mueller.
Secretary of State John Kerry, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and CIA director John Brennan participated in the briefing via video conference.
The bombing suspects were identified by law enforcement officials as brothers from a Russian region near Chechnya. One suspect is dead and a second remains at large.
Thousands of officers have swarmed the streets in a manhunt that all but paralyzed the Boston area.
- Woman Returns To Boston To Complete Marathon Cut Short By Bombings
- Kevin Edson, Man Charged In Boston Marathon Suspicious Backpack Hoax, Sent For Psychiatric Evaluation
- Suspicious Bags Found At Boston Marathon Finish Line After Solemn Tributes
- NJ Marathoner Who Witnessed Boston Bombings Determined To Finish Race This Year
- Franklin Lakes Man Begins Charitable Run Back To Boston Ahead Of Marathon
- Runner Has Hundreds Of Miles Planned Ahead Of Return To Boston Marathon