President Obama Briefed On Shooting Of Bombing Suspect, Search For Second
TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES
WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) - President Barack Obama was briefed for an hour Friday morning on the developments in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation.
RELATED: 1 Suspect Shot, 1 On The Loose
Vice President Joe Biden also attended the briefing in the White House Situation Room. The briefing was led by Attorney General Eric Holder and FBI Director Robert Mueller.
Secretary of State John Kerry, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and CIA director John Brennan participated in the briefing via video conference.
The bombing suspects were identified by law enforcement officials as brothers from a Russian region near Chechnya. One suspect is dead and a second remains at large.
Thousands of officers have swarmed the streets in a manhunt that all but paralyzed the Boston area.
- Federal Prosecutors To Seek Death Penalty Against Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev
- David Ortiz Gets Plenty Of Votes, But Doesn’t Finish Third In Boston Mayoral Race
- Tatyana McFadden Completes Marathon ‘Grand Slam’
- New York City Marathon Runners Take Off
- Police Ready As 45,000 Runners Plan To Participate In New York City Marathon
- NYPD Has ‘Sophisticated Network’ Of Mobile Security Cameras In Place For NYC Marathon