NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Two Brooklyn families were left homeless Sunday night, after a fire broke out at a row house in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section.
Firefighters cleared out charred debris from the home at Lewis and Lexington avenues in Brooklyn following the fire early Sunday evening.
The American Red Cross assisted the displaced families.
Investigators said it appeared the fire may have started in a carport in the back of the homes. The flames spread, finally engulfing a second house.
No one was injured in the blaze, officials said.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Staten Island Residents Complain Unattended RVs Are Stealing Parking Spaces
- EMOTIONAL VIDEO: Moment Husband Learns His Missing Wife With Alzheimer’s Disease Has Been Found
- ‘It’s Very Scary,’ Women Held At Gunpoint, Robbed Inside Valley Stream Home
- Cuomo Meets With President-Elect Trump, Says Trump ‘Knows New York’