Plastic Fragments Prompt Recalls Of Frozen DiGiorno, CPK Pizzas
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Nestle Pizza Co. is recalling four frozen-pizza products that might be contaminated with plastic fragments.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture said the following products are subject to recall:
- California Pizza Kitchen Limited Edition Grilled Chicken with Cabernet Sauce, UPC 71921 00781; production code is 3059525952.
- DiGiorno Crispy Flatbread Pizza Tuscan Style Chicken, UPC 71921 02663; production codes are 3057525922 and 3058525921.
- DiGiorno pizzeria! Bianca/White Pizza, UPC 71921 91484; production code is 3068525951
- California Pizza Kitchen Crispy Thin Crust White, UPC 71921 98745; production codes are 3062525951, 3062525952 and 3063525951.
All the pizzas being recalled were produced between Feb. 26 and March 9 of this year and shipped to retail establishments nationwide.
The problem was apparently related to the spinach in the pizza, so the company is recalling other pizza products that used the same lot of spinach.
The fragments are of clear, brittle plastic with sharp edges. The USDA said one consumer reported a chipped tooth after biting into one of the California Pizza Kitchen products.
Consumers can contact Nestle USA Consumer Services at 800-456-4394 or email@example.com.
For more information, visit www.usda.gov.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Councilman: New High-Rises Are Leaving Central Park In Shadows
- Seen At 11: Pets Can Suffer From Allergies Just Like Humans
- Hundreds Turn Out To Mourn Young, Cold Spring Man Killed By Heroin
- Bratton: NYPD Detective Placed On Modified Duty After ‘Unacceptable’ Tirade At Uber Driver
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)