2 In The Kitchen: Crab Cake Sliders With Crispy Bacon
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) - Anthony Fontana slid into the CBS2 Studios to make crab cake sliders, a signature dish at his SLIDE restaurant in the West Village.
Crab Cake Sliders topped with crispy bacon, tomato slice, arugula and remoulade
Yield 10 sliders
- 2 cups jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 cups claw meat
- 1/8 cup mayo
- 1/8 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. old bay
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, minced
- ¼ cup mango, minced
- 1/8 cup red onion, minced
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/8 cup jalapenos, minced
- 4 eggs
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 mini burger buns
1. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the olive oil, thoroughly and form into palm-sized patties
2. Add olive oil to a sauté pan and heat to medium-high. Sautee each crab cake patty for about two minutes per side.
3. Place each patty on a bun and top with a half slice of crispy cooked bacon, a slice of tomato and fresh arugula to taste. Top with remoulade (see recipe below).
Recipe for the remoulade
Puree 1 cup of mayo, 1 tbsp. capers, 1/8 tsp. chopped rosemary, the juice of half a lemon, and salt and pepper to taste