Cooking On The Couch: Burgers And Wine
NEW YORK (WLNY) – We continuing our celebration of National Burger Month, but we’re classing up the usual barbecue and summer cookout staple.
Soho restaurant’s Delicatessen and Mac Bar executive chef Michael Ferraro visited The Couch to show us how to pair burgers and wine.
Rose: Yellowtail Pink Moscato- $7.99
Paired with: Salmon Burger
White: Barone Fini Pinot Grigio $11.99
Paired with: Turkey burger
Red: Ruta 22 Malbec $13.99
Paired with: Delicatessen signature burger
house-made gougére bun and applewood smoked bacon, swiss
6 ounces water
3 ounces butter (melted)
4 ounces milk
¼ teaspoon chipotle powder
5 ½ ounce all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup swiss cheese (shredded)
½ cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
1. Bring water, melted butter, milk and chipotle powder to a boil.
2. Poor contents into a bowl and add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir constantly with a wooden spoon until it all becomes a ball.
3. Transfer to a stand mixer and mix using a paddle attachment.
4. Add eggs, one at a time while mixer is still running.
5. Add swiss cheese and mix until incorporated.
6. Pipe 1 ½ inch balls onto lined baking sheet, sprinkle with parmesan and crushed nori.
7. Bake at 300⁰F for 15- 20 minutes; until golden brown, then set aside.
1 cup cornichons (small diced)
½ cup white wine vinegar
1 sprig fresh thyme
½ cup granulated sugar
1. In a small sauté pan, combine all the ingredients and put into a low simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Vinegar should reduce and relish should have a thicker consistency.
3. Set aside.
1 pound beef
1. Shape beef into 2 ounce patties.
2. Heat grill to high.
3. Place onto grill for 1 minute then turn patties 90⁰ and grill for another minute.
4. Flip beef patties and repeat grilling steps.
5. Set aside.
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup mayo
1/8 cup dijion
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl; set aside
1/8 pound Swiss cheese (cut into 2 inch square slices)
¼ pound bacon (cooked)
1. Assemble the sliders by starting with the bottom bun, beef, cheese, bacon, relish, layer with sauce and the top bun.
2. Serve 1 or 2 pieces per person.