Street Closures Planned For Puerto Rican Day Parade
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The National Puerto Rican Day Parade is set for Sunday, and police have advised the public that several roads will be closed in Midtown and on the Upper East Side.
The parade begins at 11 a.m. Sunday, and will proceed northward along Fifth Avenue from 44th Street to 79th Street.
The following streets will be closed beginning at 9:30 a.m.:
• 44th Street between Broadway and Vanderbilt Avenue;
• 45th Street between Sixth Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue;
• 46th Street between Sixth Avenue and Vanderbilt Avenue;
• 47th Street between Sixth Avenue and Park Avenue;
• 48th Street between Sixth Avenue and Madison Avenue;
• Vanderbilt Avenue between 42nd Street and 47th Street;
• 79th Street between Fifth Avenue and Madison Avenue.
There will also be a limited number of pedestrian crossings along Fifth Avenue during the parade. They are”
• 50th, 54th and 60th streets – westbound only;
• 53rd and58th streets – eastbound only;
• 49th ,51st,57th and72nd streets — eastbound and westbound;
• 84th Street — westbound to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The theme for this year’s parade is “Celebrating Your Health.” Actress, dancer and singer Chita Rivera will serve as grand marshal.
The parade is one of the city’s largest.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Comedy Central Picks South African Comedian Trevor Noah To Succeed Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- Allergy Expert: Expect Explosion Of Pollen This Spring
- Rutgers University Trying To Restore Computer Systems After Denial Of Service Attack
- Focus Shifts To Cause Of East Village Explosion After 2 Bodies Found