CBS2-Header-Logo WFAN 1010WINS WCBS tiny WLNYLogo

News

Carbon Monoxide Scare Prompts Evacuation Of NJ Hotel

Officials Believe Hotel's Pool Heater To Blame
Hotel guests were evacuated from the Holiday Inn Express in Carlstadt after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected on June 13, 2013 (credit: CBS 2)

Hotel guests were evacuated from the Holiday Inn Express in Carlstadt after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected on June 13, 2013 (credit: CBS 2)

TRI-STATE NEWS HEADLINES

From our newsroom to your inbox weekday mornings at 9AM.
Sign Up

CARLSTADT, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – New Jersey hotel guests were evacuated after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in the building.

The incident happened Thursday night at a five-story Holiday Inn Express in Carlstadt in Bergen County.

Some people reported feeling ill and one was sent to the hospital as a precaution, CBS 2 reported.

“I felt fine,” hotel guest Rich Corr said. “I heard some of the women had headaches.”

Fire department officials believe the problem may have resulted from a blockage in the hotel’s pool heater, CBS 2 reported.

NJ TRANSIT buses were on stand-by, but eventually guests were allowed back in to the hotel.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: