Coroner: ‘Glee’ Star Cory Monteith Died From Alcohol, Heroin Mix
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The cause of death for actor Cory Monteith was released Tuesday.
The 31-year-old “Glee” star died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia Coroners Service.
Monteith was found dead in his room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver on Saturday.
Police said Monteith had been out with people earlier, but video and electronic records from the hotel indicated he returned to his room by himself early Saturday morning.
He had checked into the hotel on July 6 and had been expected to check out on the 13th. When he had not done so, hotel staff checked his room and found him deceased.
The Fox network and the producers of “Glee,” including 20th Century Fox Television, called Monteith an exceptional performer “and an even more exceptional person.” They said he was “a true joy to work with and we will all miss him tremendously.”
Monteith admitted himself to a treatment facility in April for substance addiction and asked for privacy as he took steps toward recovery, a representative said at the time. Michele told People magazine that she loved and supported him and was proud he was seeking help.
It was not Monteith’s first time in rehab. He also received treatment when he was 19.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Paralyzed Rutgers Football Player Eric LeGrand Talks About Inspiring Others, Walking Again
- Bowles Sets Record Straight — Yes, Jets Will Have QB Competition In Camp
- Pineda Gets Back On Track, Yankees Finish 3-Day Dominance Of Mighty Royals
- Syndergaard Has Game Of His Life As Mets Complete Sweep Of Phillies