Cooking On The Couch: Classic Italian Cuisine From Patsy’s
NEW YORK (WLNY) – Sal Scognamillo is the chef and co-owner of third generation family-run Patsy’s Italian Restaurant. He showed us how he serves up some of the best Italian food in town.
Grilled Marinated Eggplant, Zucchini, and Portobello Mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings
· 1 medium eggplant, about 1 pound
· 3 small zucchini, about 1 pound
· 2 large Portobello mushrooms
Peel the eggplant and then trim the ends from both the eggplant and zucchini. Cut into ½-inch rounds. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and clean by gently wiping the top of each with a damp paper towel.
· ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil
· ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
· 1 peeled garlic clove, minced
· 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil (about 4 leaves)
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in a screw-top jar. Close tightly and shake until thoroughly blended.
1. Toss the zucchini, eggplant and mushrooms in a large bowl with the vinaigrette marinade. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to meld before grilling.
2. Grill the zucchini and eggplant for 2 minutes, turning once. Grill only the top of the mushroom, for 3 minutes.