Gardening Experts Offer Tips To Grow Your Own Edible Garden
NEW YORK (WLNY) — There are few things better in the summertime than picking fresh herbs and vegetables from your own garden — and doing so could even help you save some bucks on your grocery bill.
Chris and Peyton Lambton are gardening experts and the stars of HGTV’s ‘Going Yard.’ They stopped by The Couch to show us some tips for creating and maintain an indoor or outdoor edible garden this summer.
1) Select herbs/fruits/veggies that are easy to grow and thrive – these include basil, rosemary, mint, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.
2) Be strategic about your containers – choose pots that can easily transition from your outdoor patio or balcony to your indoors in the winter months.
3) Use proper potting technique.
4) Be sure to give your plants fertilizer – just like people, plants need food, too.
5) You can freeze your summer harvest (including pesto made with fresh basil, lemon slices, etc.) in ice cube trays and enjoy it all winter long.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: