NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Five rush-hour Long Island Rail Road trains will be canceled over the next four weeks as part of the East Side Access project.
Work on the Harold Interlocking switching complex in Queens begins Monday and will continue through Aug. 16.
As a result, the following morning rush hour trains to Penn Station will be cancelled:
- The 6:54 a.m. from Central Islip
- The 7:55 a.m. from Little Neck
- The 8:10 a.m. from Freeport
The following evening rush hour trains from Penn Station will also be cancelled:
- The 6:05 p.m. due at Wantagh at 6:51 p.m.
- The 6:33 p.m. due at Babylon at 7:35 p.m.
Four other trains will operate on shortened runs. The LIRR says customers should plan for extra travel time and listen for announcements at stations.
For more information, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- Man Allegedly Assaulted Mother As She Took Pictures Of Daughter In Central Park
- JFK Bound Flight Makes Emergency Landing At London’s Heathrow Airport
- Sales Figures Show More Consumers Making Shift From Retail To Online This Holiday Season
- Smoke, Flames Pour Out Of Upper Floors As Firefighters Battle Belleville Blaze