NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Five rush-hour Long Island Rail Road trains will be canceled over the next four weeks as part of the East Side Access project.
Work on the Harold Interlocking switching complex in Queens begins Monday and will continue through Aug. 16.
As a result, the following morning rush hour trains to Penn Station will be cancelled:
- The 6:54 a.m. from Central Islip
- The 7:55 a.m. from Little Neck
- The 8:10 a.m. from Freeport
The following evening rush hour trains from Penn Station will also be cancelled:
- The 6:05 p.m. due at Wantagh at 6:51 p.m.
- The 6:33 p.m. due at Babylon at 7:35 p.m.
Four other trains will operate on shortened runs. The LIRR says customers should plan for extra travel time and listen for announcements at stations.
For more information, click here.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- 6/24 CBS2 Sunday Morning Weather Headlines
- ‘His Dream Was To Be A Police Officer:’ Friends, Family Mourn Teen Fatally Stabbed In Apparent Case Of Mistaken Identity In The Bronx
- Man Accused Of Sexually Abusing 3 Teenagers Outside Broadway Show
- Police Arrest Man Wanted In Violent Rape Attempt In Brooklyn