NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – A broken freon wire created a smoky condition, disrupting subway service in Manhattan Tuesday morning.
The smoke was reported at 50th Street at around 11 a.m.
Passengers aboard the train and in the station were evacuated.
The freon line served a subway’s air conditioning system, according to the Fire Department. The situation is under control.
The Transit Authority said there were no injuries.
There were service changes briefly as a result of the smoke, but shortly before noon the MTA said service had returned to normal, with residual delays.
You may also be interested in these stories:
- Seen At 11: Getting What You Want Is All About How You Ask
- Yorktown Residents May Record, Anonymously Report Litterbugs With First-Of-Its-Kind Law
- SUV Slams Into Queens Home, Coming Dangerously Close To Man Sleeping Inside
- CBS2 Exclusive: ‘I’m Still In Shock’ — Parents Return To Site Of Deadly Radiator Accident