Fit Minute: Weighted Jump Rope Workout
NEW YORK (WLNY) — Bianca Jade is a fitness trend expert and the founder of MizzFit.com. She joined us on The Couch to show us how to get a super calorie burn with a weighted jump rope.
Here are some of her tips to get the most out of your jump roping workout:
Jump Rope Tips From Bianca:
- If you’re new to jumping rope, use a mirror. Go to a mirrored gym studio and watch yourself. It really helps you get a feel for the rhythm of the workout and catch your mistakes.
- Make sure the rope is the right length. The rope is the right length when you’re standing on it and you can reach the tip of the handles to your armpits.
- If you mess up, just relax. Jumping rope is hard! Stop and give it another swing. Short bursts of jump roping makes for a great workout so it’s perfectly fine to stop and start!
- Lastly, you’re going to bruise because the rope will eventually smack you in the leg or arm or somewhere on your body. Expect little bruises and wear them proud like an athlete!
- Try to softly jump up and down on the balls on your feet. Your heels should never touch the ground
- Don’t try and jump too high. Keep your jumps as small as possible without expending to much energy. The higher you jump the quicker you’ll tire yourself out!
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories: