Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Withdraws From US Open
PARIS (AP) — Jo-Wilfried Tsonga has pulled out of the U.S. Open with a knee injury.
The eighth-ranked Frenchman hasn’t played since June 26 when he was forced to retire from his second-round match at Wimbledon against Ernests Gulbis. Tsonga says on his website Thursday that his left knee needs more time to recover and he hopes to be ready for the Moselle Open in Metz, France, in September.
The 28-year-old Tsonga already missed the Rogers Cup in Montreal earlier this month due to the injury.
The U.S. Open, the year’s final Grand Slam tournament, starts on Aug. 26.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Listen: Muhammad Ali’s Daughter Describes His Parkinson’s Progression
- Islanders Fans Reportedly Swiping Seats From Nassau Coliseum
- NL Scout Says Plawecki ‘Could Be Even Better Than D’Arnaud’
- Islanders Respond To Claims Of Abusive Behavior At Coliseum
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)