Bronx Woman Sues After Being Jailed On Old Arrest Warrant
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The victim of a hit-and-run driver, Raven Moses, became a victim of the system, spending Memorial Day weekend behind bars in connection with a crime she had already served time for, 1010 WINS’ Al Jones reported Wednesday.
Moses said she was driving on the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge on May 25 when her car was struck by another driver, who fled the scene. She called the police, who ran her information and found an outstanding arrest warrant in a 2009 fraud case. She pleaded guilty and served a year in prison for the crime.
After her car accident, Moses was booked into Rikers Island, where she spent three days and two nights before being released.
Moses was “embarrassed. Angry. I was hurt. It’s hard mentally and emotionally,” the 30-year-old Bronx woman said of the arrest.
Moses’ attorney, Sanford Rubenstein, is filing a $3 million lawsuit against the city “for false arrest, false imprisonment — something that never should have happened in this city.”
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories