BETHPAGE, N.Y. (CBSNewYork) — Police in Nassau County were searching Wednesday night for an unidentified person who drew swastikas with chalk on 14 cars in Bethpage and Massapequa Park.
The vandalism happened between 9 p.m. Tuesday and 6 p.m. Wednesday, Nassau County police said.
The swastikas were found scrawled in blue chalk on the driver’s side windows of the following nine parked cars:
• A 2004 GMC and a 2007 Nissan Maxima on Park Lane in Bethpage;
• A 1984 Buick Lacrosse, a 2004 Honda Odyssey, a 2001 Dodge Durango, and a 2001 Ford Mustang on Whaley Avenue in Bethpage;
• A 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche on Columbia Street in Bethpage;
• A 2002 Volvo on Lowell Street in Bethpage;
• A 2006 Ford Taurus on Irving Street in Bethpage;
• A 2003 Chevrolet pickup truck and a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu on Rose Street in Bethpage;
• A 2000 Nissan Pathfinder on Essen Place in Bethpage;
• A 1992 Cadillac on Roosevelt Drive in Bethpage;
• A 2004 Jeep on Jem Lane in Massapequa Park.
“I’m guessing it’s probably kids who really didn’t have a sense of what they’re writing. To them, maybe it was a joke. But to us, it’s vandalism, and it’s actually a pretty frightening thing to see when you come outside,” said Danielle Levitt, whose car was targeted.
Anyone with information was asked to call Nassau County Crime Stoppers at (800) 244-TIPS. All callers will remain anonymous.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories