NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police on Tuesday were asking for help from the public in finding a suspect connected to five burglaries, and one attempted burglary, on the Upper East Side.
Each time, the burglar struck unoccupied homes through a fire escape, and walked out the front door with jewelry and electronics, police said.
The burglar is believed to be responsible for the following incidents:
• Around 7 a.m. Friday, Aug. 31, the burglar struck a home near Second Avenue and East 80th Street;
• Around 8 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, the burglar struck a home near Third Avenue and East 92nd Street;
• Around 4:50 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, the burglar struck a home near First Avenue and East 86th Street;
• Around 9 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 12, the burglar struck a home in the area of Second Avenue and East 81st Street;
• Around 4:15 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, the burglar struck a home near First Avenue and East 63rd Street. This was the only time he left empty-handed;
• Around 7:20 a.m. Monday, Sept. 16, the burglar struck a home near Third Avenue and East 74th Street, removed property, and fled.
The suspect was described as a white male with gray hair, who was last seen wearing a dark blue T-shirt, blue jeans, and black sneakers while carrying a black backpack.
Police have released surveillance photos from two of the incidents.
Anyone with information was asked to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS, log onto the Crime Stoppers website, or text tips to 274637 (CRIMES) and enter TIP577.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories