NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – Are Jets fans even thinking about Mark Sanchez these days? Are any football fans?
After two disappointing seasons with Sanchez at the helm, Gang Green is now 4-3 and one game behind the Patriots in the AFC East with rookie Geno Smith running the offense.
Sanchez, on the other hand, hasn’t played a snap in 2013, and is out for the season after undergoing shoulder surgery on October 8.
But even though he’s turned into a bit of a sympathetic figure, the former first-round pick still does not have many supporters.
Forbes released its list of the most disliked players in the NFL on Monday, and the 26-year-old came in fifth.
According to the magazine, “these 10 bring out the most negative heat among fans.” E-Poll Market Research surveyed 1,100 people aged 13 and older, Forbes disclosed in its online slideshow.
40 percent of those who were surveyed dislike the signal caller, according to the magazine. On Forbes’ website, the blurb underneath Sanchez’s picture read: “Has never seemed unlikable, just began taking heat for his own and the Jets’ regression last year. With rookie QB Geno Smith now showing promise, Sanchez, out with an injured shoulder, is even easier to dump on.”
So there’s that.
Below are the 10 most disliked players in the NFL.
10) Lions running back Reggie Bush
9) Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer
8) Patriots quarterback Tom Brady
7) Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo
6) Bears quarterback Jay Cutler
5) Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez
4) Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger
3) Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh
2) Chargers linebacker Manti Te’o
1) Eagles quarterback Michael Vick
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories