Report: Student In Trouble After Classmates Are Sickened By Deodorant Spray
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Eight students at a school in Brooklyn were hospitalized earlier this week, following the release of a substance that turned out to be Axe body spray, according to a published report.
The student behind the release of the deodorant spray was facing disciplinary action in the wake of the incident, reports said.
The spray was released Wednesday afternoon in a sixth grade classroom at the Medgar Evers College Preparatory School, at 1186 Carroll St. in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, according to a New York Daily News report.
Paramedics responded and took eight students to the hospital, and two other parents took students to their own family doctors, the newspaper reported.
The report said a student at the school sprayed the Axe deodorant in the room, and would face unspecified disciplinary action.
Published reports did not indicate how the body spray made the students sick.
The deodorant spray has caused inadvertent problems in schools in the past. Last year, a student set off a fire alarm at Middletown High School in Middletown, Conn., after using an overabundance of the spray in a locker room.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- West Harlem Residents Are Fed Up With ‘Aggressive’ Raccoons Terrorizing Neighborhood
- Fire Sweeps Through Building Across From Coney Island Subway Terminal
- CBS2 Exclusive: Rockland Legislator Shocked By Hate Mail Referencing ISIS Terror
- Firefighters Responded To Call At Queens Building Hours Before Devastating Blaze