Summit, N.J., Residents Return To Homes After Brief Gasoline Scare
SUMMIT, N.J. (CBSNewYork) — Some Summit residents have returned to their homes after being evacuated briefly when they smelled gasoline in their basements.
The Union County Hazardous Materials response team and the Summit Fire Department responded, WCBS 880 reported. The smell eventually dissipated.
No utilities were disrupted during the investigation.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- WCBS 880: Rapist Near Bronx School Reveals Lapse in Sex Offender Enforcement
- Canadian Couple Is All Smiles In Selfie As They Walk Down The Aisle… In Divorce Court
- Bride-To-Be Loses Family Heirlooms As Burglary Spike Plagues Carroll Gardens
- CBS2 Exclusive: Jersey City Bar Says Sanitation Workers Demanded Drinks For Trash Pickup