NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — If you’re one of the many planning to hit stores for some Black Friday shopping, be prepared!
Sree Sreenivasan, tech expert from our partner network CNET and the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s chief digital officer, has what you should do now before you open your wallet:
- Check out Amazon.com/blackfriday to see lots of deals much earlier this year.
- Two apps that will give you plenty of tips are the TGI Black Friday app and Fatwallet’s Black Friday app. Both let you see deals from dozens of stores and search by category and work well on iPhone and Android.
- Be sure to check out Yahoo Shopping and CNET’s shopper.com. Both are great ways to ensure you find the cheapest possible prices on items you have your eyes on.
- Deal sites like dealnews.com and slickdeals.net let you find out about deals, coupon codes and one-time offers appearing and expiring throughout the weekend and Cyber Monday.
Check Out These Other Stories From CBSNewYork.com:
- ‘Smallville’ Actor Allison Mack, Alleged ‘NXIVM’ Cult Founder Keith Raniere Indicted For Sex Trafficking, Forced Labor Conspiracy
- Judge Dismisses Lawsuit To Stop Cop Killer’s Parole
- Good Samaritans Save Woman From Fiery Wreck On The Taconic
- Pepper Got Away! Port Authority Police Search JFK Terminal 4 For Missing Cat