Report: Dolan Has Told Knicks Players That A Shakeup Is Not Coming

Dolan Has Reportedly Informed Players That Woodson And Stars Are Safe

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — The Knicks have begun the 2013-14 season with a miserable 9-19 record. According to ESPN, owner James Dolan has told his players that there will not be any forthcoming major shakeups to the roster or coaching staff.

That means under-pressure head coach Mike Woodson is safe for the time being. Without superstar Carmelo Anthony, the Knicks suffered a 123-94 blowout loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder on Christmas Day.

The 11-15 Toronto Raptors are currently in first place in a wide-open Atlantic Division and will visit Madison Square Garden on Friday night.

Right now, the plan is to push on with Woodson and a current group of players which Dolan deemed title contenders in organizational meetings ahead of the 2013-14 season.

Woodson said recently that he expects the Knicks to win the Atlantic Division.

“We won it last year and I expect us to win it this year,” Woodson said. “Do I see some light at the end of the tunnel? I do.”

There isn’t an obvious frontrunner to win the Atlantic. The Nets recently suffered the long-term loss of key center Brook Lopez. Both the Nets and Knicks are currently locked in a third-place tie and are only three games out of first-place.

The Knicks will soon be boosted by the expected return of point guard Raymond Felton from a nagging groin injury and Anthony is currently day-to-day due to an ankle injury.

It’s been a strange season. Once healthy, it’s possible that the Knicks could take advantage of a weak Atlantic Division and rise up the divisional and conference standings.

You May Also Be Interested In These Stories

Giving Tuesday
Charles Osgood Event

Listen Live