NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A transformer fire in Hell’s Kitchen was extinguished Sunday without any customers suffering power outages, Con Edison said.
The fire broke out Sunday afternoon in a Con Ed substation at 637 W. 49th St., officials said.
Fire crews responded to the scene and quickly extinguished the blaze.
Con Edison said no outages resulted from the blaze.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- ‘He’s A Hero:’ School Security Guard Saves Choking Student At NJ High School
- Local Officials, Environmental Advocates Spar Over Proposed Meadowlands Natural Gas Power Plant
- First Lady Melania Trump’s State Dinner Gown Dazzles Fashion World
- Special Needs Employees Help Refurbish Thousands Of Counterfeit Coats Seized In Nassau County Raid