Firefighters Battle Blaze Near Radio City Music Hall
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Firefighters were on the scene of an electrical fire near Radio City Music Hall on Friday night.
Smoke spilled into the basement of the famed music hall after an underground transformer caught fire, CBS 2′s Lou Young reported.
Flames were noticed at 8:45 p.m. Initial reports indicated that the blaze was inside the basement of Radio City because that was where smoke was first spotted.
Con Ed crews arrived on the scene shortly before 11 p.m.
Four workers were evacuated, 1010 WINS reported.
There was no show at Radio City on Friday night.
Please stay with CBSNewYork.com for the latest on this developing story …
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories
- Residents To Sue Town Of Islip Over Toxic Dumping At Roberto Clemente Park
- Family, Friends Say Final Farewell To Eric Garner, SI Man Who Died In Police Custody
- Beachgoers Notice Change In Sand Along Jersey Shore
- Criminal Probe Of Cuomo Administration Urged In Wake Of NY Times Report On Moreland Commission