Traffic, Transit & Travel Updates: Friday, Jan. 3, 2014
Note: Alternate Side Parking Regulations will be suspended citywide tomorrow, Sat. Jan. 4, 2014, to facilitate snow removal.
– The Metropolitan Transportation Authority: All subway lines will run local overnight Friday into Saturday Click here for more info.
** Due to inclement weather, all previously scheduled weekend work has been cancelled with the exception of the 6 N & R trains.
– Metro-North Railroad is running on a Saturday schedule Friday. The railroad will operate on its regular schedule for Saturday with one exception: Metro-North will not operate trains marked in its timetables as “Shoppers’ Specials.” Click here for more info.
– Long Island Rail Road service is running on a weekend schedule. The railroad will operate on its regular schedule for Saturday. Click here for more info.
– NJ TRANSIT will cross-honor all tickets Friday and is running on an enhanced weekend schedule (see MLK day schedule). Click here for more info.
– Amtrak is operating on a modified snow schedule. Click here for more info.
All highways that closed due to the storm are open Friday.
LINK: Traffic & Transit
– Flight operations have resumed at John F. Kennedy International Airport after zero visibility and high winds forced the suspension of operations Friday morning.
– Newark Liberty International and LaGuardia airports are open.
There are numerous flight cancellations, delays due to the storm.
Click here for more info or check with airlines about specific flights.
– East River Ferry service is running.
– Rockaway Ferry limited service for Friday, Jan. 3.
– Staten Island Ferry is running on a modified schedule with boats leaving every 20 minutes.