NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for a couple wanted in connection with the brutal mugging of an elderly woman in Brooklyn.
The incident happened around 10 a.m. Saturday in East New York.
The suspects — a man and a woman — followed the 89-year-old victim, who uses a walker, into her apartment building and then attacked her in the elevator, police said.
The man grabbed the elderly woman and put her in a chokehold, while his female accomplice took the victim’s purse, which contained bank cards and cash, police said.
The suspects then fled the building.
The victim refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspects following the woman into her building, as well as a vague description of the duo.
The male suspect is 6-feet tall and weighs 200 pounds, police said. He was last seen wearing a light brown jacket, dark jeans and a brown ski cap.
The female suspect was last seen wearing a dark jacket, dark jeans, and bright red sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Purses, Cash Removed From Cars During String Of Staten Island Break-Ins
- ‘It’s Devastating:’ Community Mourns Mt. Vernon Teen Killed By Stray Bullet
- Police: Restaurant Workers Chase Off Knife-Wielding Man In Brooklyn
- Men Targeted Queens Center Mall’s Zales Store On Three Separate Occasions
- $10,000 Reward Offered In Shooting Death Of Bronx Mother
- Woman Tackled By Would-Be Rapist Inside Ditmas Park Elevator, Cops Say