Police: 89-Year-Old Woman Put In Chokehold, Robbed In Brooklyn Building
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Police are searching for a couple wanted in connection with the brutal mugging of an elderly woman in Brooklyn.
The incident happened around 10 a.m. Saturday in East New York.
The suspects — a man and a woman — followed the 89-year-old victim, who uses a walker, into her apartment building and then attacked her in the elevator, police said.
The man grabbed the elderly woman and put her in a chokehold, while his female accomplice took the victim’s purse, which contained bank cards and cash, police said.
The suspects then fled the building.
The victim refused medical attention on the scene.
Police have released surveillance video of the suspects following the woman into her building, as well as a vague description of the duo.
The male suspect is 6-feet tall and weighs 200 pounds, police said. He was last seen wearing a light brown jacket, dark jeans and a brown ski cap.
The female suspect was last seen wearing a dark jacket, dark jeans, and bright red sneakers.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS or visit www.nypdcrimestoppers.com.
You May Also Be Interested In These Stories:
- Police: Suspect Arrested For Taking Photos Of 8-Year-Old Boy In LI Restaurant Bathroom
- NYPD Unveils New High-Tech Crime Stoppers Van
- NYPD: 2 Hurt After Gunfire Erupts During Brooklyn Bodega Robbery
- CBS2 Exclusive: Man Recalls Being Attacked With Hammer On Manhattan Street
- Man Seen On Video Opening Fire Outside Bronx Liquor Store
- NYPD: Man Rapes Woman On Rooftop Of Bronx Building